1. Driven by magnetism since 1959 Magnetic Rod systems nr. 15/77
16. Goudsmit Magnetic Systems BV Petunialaan 19 • NL 5582 HA Waalre • The Netherlands Tel: +31 (0)40 221 32 83 • e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.goudsmit.eu The removal of ferromagnetic contaminants from product flows is just one of the magnetic systems provided by Goudsmit Magnetics. Examples of other systems are: pallettizing of cans or glass jars with a screw lid, lid transporters, all forms of promotional magnets (also 3 D) as well as magnet grippers for baking trays. For more information, visit our website! www.goudsmit.eu nr. 15/77
12. page 12 Goudsmit Magnetics - Driven by magnetism Hygienic magnetic filters in accordance to EHEDG guidelines This magnetic filter is specially developed for the foodstuffs industry. The filter is composed of Neoflux® (Neodymium or Nd-Fe-B) magnets that ensure the efficient separation of very small ferromagnetic particles from 7 - 30 μm, weak magnetic stainless steel particles and even ferromagnetic dust. It generates a magnetic field of 10,000 – 11,000 Gauss (+/-5%) on the rods and removes the aforementioned particles from liquid and powdered products. The complete system is made of stainless steel 316, with a smooth finish (0.8 μ m) and complies with the highest standards applying to food safety. The magnetic filter can be placed in tubes or pipes in the foodstuffs sector and removes ferromagnetic particles from products that are transported under pressure. Even the most minute particles can be filtered from sticky substances in this way (chocolate, pastes, powders or fruit juices). The placement of a metal detector does not resolve this problem because the detector cannot recognize smaller metal particles. The magnetic filter is available in 7 standard sizes (Ø 25 - 125 mm) and has a flange attachment in accordance to DIN 11864. These filters can also be equipped with welding ends. The standard version of the hygienic filters is fitted with rods Ø 25 mm. For application in special products with coarser ingredients (e.g. soups) the filter can be fitted with a single Ø 65mm magnet core. In instances whereby this core forms an obstruction because of its size, we can fit the filter with 1 or 2 special magnetic separator blocks on the lids (see photo bottom left). With this, the housing is free of any obstruction. Magnetic filters Dairy products HACCP is a familiar concept in the dairy industry. Whether it refers to milk, cocoa or egg powders, or to yoghurt, cheese spread or deserts, these products must be free of ferromagnetic particles when the consumer buys them. Damages claims and recalls can prove extremely costly. During the production process of such foodstuffs, metal particles in the product can be removed with magnets. (Rotating cleanflow magnets for fatty powders or magnetic filters for sticky products, foodstuffs transported under pressure such as yoghurt or cheese spread.) Goudsmit provides reliability in the form of innovative solutions for the prevention of metal contamination in the foodstuffs industry!
15. Goudsmit Magnetics - Driven by magnetism page 15 Control and measuring devices Service In addition to supplying a broad range of magnetic systems, Goudsmit also provides related services such as the monitoring, installation and maintenance of magnets. Monitoring and inspection devices for own use can also be supplied. In various industries (including foodstuffs) it is required that magnets are checked periodically. We can provide this service. Our inspectors travel to clients in the Netherlands and abroad to inspect magnets and measure magnet strength. After this inspection, you will receive a certificate for each magnet intended for your audit. Naturally, you can do this inspection yourself. We have the latest flux density meters for this purpose. An important feature of our meters is their user-friendliness. This means that people without any specific magnet know-how can measure values reliably. With this magnetic inspection rod you can make a quick check of whether (a section) of the product is contaminated with ferromagnetic (Fe) particles. The inspection rods separates Ferromagnetic particles of more than 30 μm. These very fine Fe particles cannot be detected by a metal detector! Goudsmit inspection rods are always equipped with the strongest Neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnets. The trapped Fe particles can be easily removed and analysed. The Goudsmit service department can provide not only installation and maintenance of magnetic systems but also measurement and inspection reports. Regular maintenance and signalling of the captured particles is increasingly important in all industries! We can provide the following services: • Installation of new products; • Setting the controls; • Control, inspection and measurement of magnets; • Repairs in workplace; • Maintenance and replacement; • Demagnetisation of your product. All these services can be provided at your location.
11. Goudsmit Magnetics - Driven by magnetism page 11 Cleaning in Place Good cleanability of the filters is important. The rod magnets are surrounded by stainless steel tubes, also known as extractors. The operators can easily remove the rod magnets from this extractor. If the magnetic field is absent, the ferromagnetic particles simply fall down from the extractor or can be rinsed off. CIP (Cleaning in Place) is also possible with the self-cleaning version. Vegetable and fruit juices Despite many prevention measures, in practice metals are still found in fruit juices . The placement of a metal detector does not resolve this problem because the detector cannot recognize smaller metal particles. Application of super strong Goudsmit magnetic filters (composed of Nd-Fe-B rod magnets) ensures an efficient separation of very small Fe particles and even Fe dust. The magnetic filters are manufactured in accordance to EHEDG guidelines and comply therefore with the stringent requirements of the foodstuffs industry.
2. page 2 Goudsmit Magnetics - Driven by magnetism Goudsmit Magnetics is a third generation family business. We have over half a century of know-how in the field of magnets. This forms the basis for quality in a number of fields: from magnetic materials to magnetic transport, recycling, metal separation, hoisting and lifting devices, as well as magnets for office and promotional purposes. Magnets can be applied in a wide range of industries, including foodstuffs, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, plastics and the bulk industry. Design, production and assembly take place under a single roof. This results in magnet systems that can be used to great advantage in many countries across the world. Goudsmit develops and produces a broad range of magnet systems, separating ferromagnetic particles from a wide variety of products and from highly diverse production processes. Depending on the product and the requirements, we categorise the magnet systems as: 1. Magnetic rod systems for fine separation (see this brochure) 2. Plate magnets for the separation of coarse particles (see brochure Flat systems) 3. Magnets for metal and waste recycling (see brochure Recycling) Goudsmit Magnetics, driven by magnetism Magnetic rod systems for the separation of fine particles. Magnets for metal recycling and waste recycling. Plate magnets for the separation of coarse particles.
4. N N N N N N S S S S S S N N N N N N S S S S S S N N N N N N S S S S S S N N N N N N S S S S S S page 4 Goudsmit Magnetics - Driven by magnetism Goudsmit rod systems can be used in any location where optimal metal separation is required. Today, this is mostly in the foodstuffs industry, but these systems are also used in the pharmaceuticals, ceramic and plastic industries. The rod magnets that form the systems described in this brochure generate a compact and strong magnetic field. This field attracts even the most fine ferromagnetic particles. The precondition is, that the product and the ferromagnetic particles actually move through the magnetic field. The following 2 D and 3 D calculations demonstrate how important the positioning of the magnet poles is. With the correct system construction, the entire product channel is provided with an efficiently separating magnetic field. Available in various versions (see table). The following 3 D calculation shows that with the correct arrangement of the rods, the entire product channel contains the required flux density. Rod magnets Flux density This flux density is simply the number of field lines at a particular point of the magnet. The higher the flux density, the stronger the magnet and the better the magnet captures ferromagnetic particles. In most magnetic systems, three aspects influence flux density: 1. BR value: the flux density of the actual material, as well as the indication of the ultimate strength of the system. Given that the magnetic material is always inside a protective tube or sealed with a stainless steel cap, the effective flux density strength will always be lower. 2. We measure the flux density on the stainless steel tube. 3. In the fast-cleaning version, the magnetic rod has an extractor tube. The flux density measured on this tube is the effective magnetic strength. The separation force of a system is a combination of the flux density and the field depth. This refers to the extent to which the product channel is ‘covered’ by a separating field or the minimum required magnetic value for separating particles. In the drawings shown above with 3 D calculations of the total field: the blue exterior indicates the required minimum surface flux density.
9. Goudsmit Magnetics - Driven by magnetism page 9 Magnetic filters In instances whereby liquids or powders are transported under pressure, Goudsmit magnetic filters remove ferromagnetic particles from a size of 5 μm . The applications vary: each industry has its own requirements, the principle however remains the same. The strong Neoflux® (Neodymium or Nd-Fe-B) rod magnets penetrate deep into the product. This means they can trap even the smallest ferromagnetic particles. Cleaning takes place by removing the rods via a lid from the product flow. A number of trials have demonstrated that the strong Neoflux® (Nd-Fe-B) magnet can also trap stainless steel scrapings. These very fine stainless steel particles cannot be detected even by a metal detector. The magnet has a smooth finish (0.8 μm) and is manufactured in accordance with the most recent hygienic standards. Hydroform rotating cleanflow magnets For higher finish requirements, we can supply the (rotating) cleanflow magnet in a hydroform version . This housing is formed under high pressure from a stainless steel tube. With this housing, there are no laser seams or dead corners! This hygienic type of the hydroform cleanflow is available in a version for manual cleaning with an arm or hinge and a semi-automatic version in which the rods are cleaned pneumatically. We developed the semi-automatic cleaning, rotating cleanflow magnet, together with a client, for the manufacture of a lactose based product without any metal contaminants. With this product manual cleaning is very difficult. Dimensions Ø 150 250 12 35 9 22 Capacity m 3 /hour Easy flow product Capacity m 3 /hour Less fast flow product Hydroform rotating cleanflow magnets
5. Goudsmit Magnetics - Driven by magnetism page 5 Type of magnet Dimensions Ø o GSF 33 GSN 42 GSN 42 SH GSN 52 100 150 200 250 300 350 180 70 140 60 3.900 - 4.200 13.400 - 13.700 13.400 - 13.700 13.800 - 14.100 3.000 10.700 - 11.000 10.700 - 11.000 11.400 - 12.000 1 3 5 10 20 30 7.800 - (10.000) 7.800 - (10.000) 8.400 - (11.000) 0 1 2 4 6 10 Max. temp. (°C) Br magnetic material (kg) Capacity m 3 /hour Fast flow product Max. flux density on rod Max. flux density on extractor (Aut. system) Capacity m 3 /hour Less fast flow product Round, waterproof magnetic grid, available in sizes ranging from Ø 100 to Ø 500 mm. The strong Neoflux® (Nd-Fe-B) type is available in a fast-cleaning version, with extractor. Other sizes available on request. Square, waterproof ferroxdure magnetic grid, available in sizes ranging from £ 100 to 500 mm. Magnetic grids Rod magnets Magnetic grids We use the most basic type of configuration with rods in a single layer, for simple applications or if low installation height is required. Available in various versions and sizes, round or square, with ferroxdure or Neodymium (Neoflux® or Nd-Fe-B) magnets. Rod magnets are available in various sizes with Ferroxdure or super strong Neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) magnets.
8. page 8 Goudsmit Magnetics - Driven by magnetism Hygienic cleanflow magnets (in accordance to EHEDG guidelines) The European Hygienic Engineering & Design Group (EHEDG) is a consortium of manufacturers of devices, the food industry, research institutes and the public health authorities. It was founded in 1989 and its most important goal is the promotion of hygiene during the processing and packaging of foodstuffs and chemicals . Compliance with the criteria, standards and guidelines established by the EHEDG ensures improvement in engineering for hygienic applications. The test methods developed determine whether a device is well designed. EHEDG has established a number of criteria and standards and guidelines for the improvement of engineering for hygienic applications. These must be complied with. Goudsmit bases its design for foodstuffs and chemistry on these standards and has had the honour to be the first EHEDG certified magnet supplier! A number of key point s of the EHEDG are: Avoidance of the development of infections (harmful micro organisms) / cleanability and disinfection / use of materials / surface finish and geometry / testing of the design in respect of cleaning and sterilisability. The fast-cleaning cleanflow magnet with stainless steel 304 housing has a smooth finish (0.8 μm) and is therefore in accordance to EHEDG guidelines. The machine generates a magnetic field of 10,700 Gauss. The magnetic system removes ferromagnetic particles from powdered products (such as milk powder, sugar and flour). With the application of a new generation of Neoflux® (Nd-Fe-B) magnets in self-cleaning rods, weak magnetic particles such as stainless steel 304 can also be removed. Since the assembly of rod magnets of this new cleanflow magnet can be withdrawn from the installation with the help of a rail, the magnet can be operated quickly and safely by the operators. Hygienic cleanflow magnet (in accordance to EHEDG guidelines). Rotating cleanflow magnets Self-cleaning rotating cleanflow magnet The self-cleaning rotating cleanflow magnet removes metal particles as fine as 35 μm from powders. It has a dust-tight dynamic seal, functions at an overpressure of max. 0.4 bar and has a flux density that reaches up to 11,000 Gauss. Even in high temperature applications. Dimensions o 320 400 50 60 28 40 Capacity m 3 /hour Easy flow product Capacity m 3 /hour Less fast flow product Self-cleaning rotating cleanflow magnets
10. page 10 Goudsmit Magnetics - Driven by magnetism Magnetic filters Double walled magnetic filter For the removal of ferromagnetic particles from products that solidify, such as chocolate, Goudsmit has developed the double walled filter . The industrial filter is provided with a double wall in which hot water can flow. This keeps the product liquid. Cleaning is the same as with an ordinary industrial filter. The maximum pressure is 10 bar; the hot water pressure is 3 bar. Industrial magnetic filters The industrial magnetic filter is available connections from DN50 to DN400. Cleaning is manual. After opening the lid, the rod magnets can be removed as a single unit from the product flow. Subsequently the rod magnets are pulled from the stainless steel extractor cover and the ferromagnetic particles on the extractor drops off. Since, with greater connection size, the weight of the lid (with the magnets on it) would be too heavy, with a size of more than DN150 the installation is provided with a side conduit. This type of magnet can, if required, be provided with automatic self-cleaning rods. Series SSFD005038 SSFD006538 SSFD008038 SSFD010038 DN 50 DN 65 DN 80 DN100 50 65 80 100 300 300 360 360 5 5 7 7 Type Conduit diameter (A) Installation length (B) Number of rods Series SSFN005038 SSFN006538 SSFN008038 SSFN010038 SSFN012538 SSFN015038 SSFN020038 SSFN025038 DN 50 DN 65 DN 80 DN100 DN125 DN150 DN200 DN250 50 65 80 100 125 150 200 250 230 230 300 300 300 360 460 500 4 4 7 7 7 9 11 13 Type Conduit diameter (A) Installation length (B) Number of rods Industrial magnetic filters Double walled magnetic filters
14. page 14 Goudsmit Magnetics - Driven by magnetism High gradient separators High gradient separators are so strong that they can attract and remove paramagnetic or slightly magnetic materials. For example, stainless steel that has been processed and become magnetic due to mechanical distortion, or even very fine ferromagnetic dust from ceramic materials. A high gradient separator can be installed either as a head roller magnet or as drum magnet. For dimensions, please see our website: www.goudsmit.eu Application It can be applied in the processing of food ingredients and additives, chemicals and pigments. Also suitable for dried granular products such as vegetables, seeds, pasta, spices, nuts, tea or dried fruit. In addition to metals, it also removes pebbles, mud, insect droppings etc. The paramagnetic characteristics of many types of soil are the cause that these droppings becoming magnetic. This occurs in particular in herbs and teas. Operation The high gradient separator is composed of a bypass conveyor line, equipped with a very strong Neoflux® (Neodymium or Nd-Fe-B) drive roller. The substances that are contaminated with metal are fed through a vibrating conveyor. This separates the substances very finely over the conveyer line. When they pass the Neoflux® roller, the magnetic particles are separated and transported away. The non-magnetic particles fall straight down. Via an adjustable flap, the various particles are separated in the correct manner. The HG separator also separates paramagnetic materials. Drum magnets Goudsmit refers to the high gradient drum magnet separator as the LenaStar . This comprises of a 12,000 Gauss Neodymium high gradient magnetic separator, that during the production process, removes ferromagnetic particles of more than 20 μm and weak magnetic particles of more than 0.1 mm from raw materials or end products. However, it is preferable that the ferromagnetic particles are filtered out as much as possible before this process! Characteristics of drum magnets • Changing conveyor belts is not necessary. This saves time and money; • Simple design and maintenance; • Can be cleaned easily with water (waterproof version); • Product dust does not adhere to the surface; • Compact version, easily incorporated into an existing process.
6. page 6 Goudsmit Magnetics - Driven by magnetism Cleanflow magnets Rotating cleanflow magnets In instances whereby the placement of the rod magnets forms a problem to the flow, it is possible to have the rods rotate in the product. This avoids bridge formation and subsequent blocking of the product. The Goudsmit rotating cleanflow magnets may be sold with an ‘ ATEX dust explosion zone 20/21’ certificate, which enables the user to produce safely in explosive environments. In 2007, Goudsmit was the first magnet manufacturer in Europe to obtain the ATEX Production Quality Assurance Notification. For other dimensions, we can supply the cleanflow magnet in a compact, square version. The larger versions are available with a large side hatch, which makes cleaning even easier and reduces the risk of damage. Also available in a version for low overpressures. For an efficient separation we place two or more layers of rods one above the other. We enclose these two layers in a compact stainless steel housing. This cleanflow magnet is equipped with an easy-to-open inspection/cleaning hatch which ensures quickly removal and cleaning. The standard version of the cleanflow magnet has a housing with a square-shaped inlet and outlet £ 150 - 300 mm. For protecting a machine and for removing Ferromagnetic particles of about 1 mm size, the favourably priced Ferroxdure cleanflow magnets are ideal. Dimensions Ø 100 150 200 250 300 350 150 200 250 300 350 400 1 3 8 12 18 24 3 7 20 30 45 60 Dimensions o Capacity m 3 /hour Less fast flow product Capacity m 3 /hour Fast flow product Cleanflow magnets
13. Goudsmit Magnetics - Driven by magnetism page 13 Cleaning Cleaning metal particles that have been separated can take place in 3 ways. Firstly, manually with the rod magnets enclosed in an extractor being easily removable by the operator. Secondly, manually + pneumatically, in which case cleaning is done automatically. Thirdly, pneumatically + CIP (Clean In Place), in which case in addition to the cleaning also the rinsing of the rod magnets takes place automatically. Semi-automatic magnetic filter Since the larger types of magnetic filters are difficult to clean manually, in consultation with the operators we have developed a filter with a stronger magnetic field and with a simple action that can remove the separated iron particles from the rods. This means that the magnetic filter can be applied in places that are difficult to access. Operation A stainless steel rod holds a strong magnet pack. This pack can be transported inside the tube by means of air pressure. By blowing the magnet pack out of the product flow, the ferromagnetic particles fall off the rod. To avoid the ferromagnetic particles from falling into the product, either they are diverted via a valve box or the cleaning takes place completely outside the product flow. The rods (Ø 33 mm) have stronger magnets than before, so that efficiency and user-friendliness are increased. Filter for the removal of binding twine and other undesirable ferromagnetic particles from paper pulp. A fast cleaning magnetic filter developed together with the client, for hygienic applications. Self-cleaning magnetic filter for application in concentrated fruit juice. Cocoa & chocolate Both in the processing of raw cocoa beans as well as in the end product, undesirable ferromagnetic particles may be present. To remove these, various types of magnetic systems are applied. When unloading the beans a drum magnet (see folder 2) separates the coarse ferromagnetic particles (including nails or other metals) before the raw beans are ground into powder. In the country of origin or during packaging, nails or other metal objects can find their way into the cocoa bean packaging. Pipe magnets can be placed in the powder line and in the sugar intake. External pole magnets can be placed in the so-called “cake dump”. Grid magnets remove iron particles after the cake is ground. Subsequently, rotating cleanflow magnets are applied before packaging in sacks. The rotating motion of these magnets ensures that the fatty cocoa powder is agitated, with the result that the powder does not stick to the rods. This avoids any costly production stops. Additionally, the double walled magnetic filters remove fine ferromagnetic particles from liquid chocolate, cocoa butter and cocoa liqueur. They can be used for ferromagnetic separation in products that solidify or are transported under pressure.
7. Goudsmit Magnetics - Driven by magnetism page 7 Self-cleaning cleanflow magnets In case of larger ferromagnetic contamination and the subsequent necessity of more frequent cleaning, a self- cleaning cleanflow magnet is an option. These may be delivered in versions whereby the product flow is momentarily halted or whereby product flow is maintained continuously, even if the device is cleaning itself. Dimensions o 200 300 300 300 x 450 9 22 14 45 150 250 250 6- bars 8- bars 12- bars 2 rotor 9 22 14 25 Capacity m 3 /hour Easy flow product Dimensions Ø Version Capacity m 3 /hour Less fast flow product Rotating cleanflow magnets Rotating, self-cleaning cleanflow magnet, with control system, for cleaning without halting the product flow (continuous cleaning). A self-cleaning cleanflow magnet in operation at a large chemical company. Rotating cleanflow magnets trap tiny ferromagnetic (dust) particles in fatty milk powder, with only the metallic particles sticking to the rods. Dimensions o 250 350 400 40 60 90 22 30 45 Capacity m 3 /hour Easy flow product Capacity m 3 /hour Less fast flow product Self-cleaning cleanflow magnets
3. Goudsmit Magnetics - Driven by magnetism page 3 List of contents Rod magnets The basis for cleanflow magnets and magnetic filters. In Ferroxdure or Neodymium (Nd-Fe-B) versions. page 4 Grid magnets Composed of a single layer of rod magnets. Easy to assemble and with low installation height. Used for minor ferromagnetic contamination, from 1 mm. page 5 Cleanflow magnets Multiple grids above each other in a housing. page 6 Self-cleaning cleanflow magnets Cleanflow magnets with pneumatic cleaning. To be used for slighty greater ferromagnetic contamination. page 7 Rotating cleanflow magnets With rotating rod magnets, for viscous product streams. Used for high ferromagnetic contamination with particles larger than 30 μm. page 6 Hygienic cleanflow magnets in accordance to EHEDG guidelines Fully polished finish, for foodstuffs industry. page 8 Hydroform rotating cleanflow magnets page 9 Magnetic filters page 9 Industrial magnetic filters For pressurized pipes, up to 10 bar. page 10 Industrial double-walled magnetic filters For viscous products in pressurized pipes. page 10 Hygienic magnetic filters in accordance to EHEDG guidelines For pressurized pipes up to 7 bar. Fully polished seamless housing. page 12 High gradient separators For very fine, continuous separation in free fall or with conveyor belts. page 14 Drum magnets page 14 Control and measuring devices page 15 Service page 15
- 566 Tổng lượt xem
- 451 Lượt xem
- 115 Embedded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Yêu thích
- 0 Không thích
- 0 Bình luận
Số lượng chia sẻ
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
SODIME Norme SMS1411 Xem.
SODIME Norme DIN1265 Xem.
STEAM BARRIER VALVE BZAW3-BYAW3847 Xem.
STEAM BARRIER-BZAW3834 Xem.
Manual BBZP-BBZR-BBZT-BBYP-BBYR-BBYT816 Xem.
Catalogue BBWP658 Xem.